9.09.2008

Help if you can



I received the e-mail below yesterday from a fellow TLC friend, these two ladies are very special and have done a phenominal job helping those that protect us all. I think that I may do a special crop just to make blank cards for the soldiers to help Kristie meet her goal. If there is anything you can do to help I am sure it would be appreciated. I am hoping they don't mind that I posted this info:
Dear Friends and Fellow Scrappers,

As you know there are a bunch of us that have been organizing "Scrapping For Soldiers" Crops to raise money to purchase phone cards for our deployed soldiers through SoldiersAngels.org .

Last week this fund raising effort took a new turn for me on a personal level. My 19-year-old son Matthew had joined the US Army National Guard in the spring of his Junior year of high school. This summer he petitioned the Guard for release to join the United States Army. His petition was granted and he was sent to Fort Bragg, NC to join the 82nd Airborne Division.

Thursday evening the dreaded news came - he is deploying to Iraq in Mid-November.

This has increased my determination to raise even more money to purchase those phone cards!! To date we have raised over $12,000 and it simply isn't enough.

So, I'm turning to you for help. Right now we have 3 crops scheduled for 9/27, 11/22 and 12/3. Soon we will be scheduling crops for the beginning of next year.

We are in need of donations for the croppers goody bags, door prizes and silent auction items. If you have any items that you have purchased but know you'll never use, items given to you that need to be "regifted" or items you simply don't care that much for... please send them to me!

OR if you are not in a position to make a donation at this time - how about making some cards? Our deployed soldiers are in need of blank greeting cards for all occasions that they can use to send to their families and friends back home.

Kristie Lippert has sent out a challenge to get 1,000 cards to send and we could all help! One card, a dozen, or a hundred - any effort is appreciated by our soldiers!

If you have a donation to make for our crops, please send it to me at:
Scrapping For Soldiers
c/o Julie Berg
16872 Peregrine Circle SW
Prior Lake, MN 55372

If you have cards to add to the collection, please send them to:
Scrapping For Soldiers
c/o Kristie Lippert
39380 Pocahontas Drive
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any help that you can give us. And please keep our Soldiers in your thoughts and prayers!
Julie

Julie Berg

email me: julieberg@integra.net
call me: 952-447-2113
crop: http://www.scrappingforsoldiers.com/

6 comments:

Mystical Moocow said...

I would LOVE to help. I've been looking for something like this for a long time, but everything I find is not continued for whatever reason. I don't really have a donation, but I can make some cards. It's coming up on Christmas now. What about some Christmas cards they could send home? Or maybe some I love you cards. OR thinking of you cards. Any cards will work?? If you look on my blog, there's a sample of some of the cards I've made. ARe any of those good? I could make up a bunch and send them.

~ Jen

Mystical Moocow said...

Okay. I'll make up a bunch and send them off to her. I wonder how many i can fit in one of those flat rate 10 dollar boxes from the post office *lol*. Probably a lot.

I just thought of something. I have a ZipEMate machine that I used once and never touched again. Could that be donated for a door prize or something? I still have all the cutting mats and the die too.

Wendy said...

YOu Rock! She will be so excited!

Thank You Thank You

Shelley Moore said...

Wendy, I'll be sending her a big ol' wad of cards too :)

BTW, drop me a line to let me know how you're doing, ok???

Kalo's World said...

I don't know how to make cards, but I'm willing to do whatever I can. Just let me know.

Unknown said...

You ladies are WONDERFUL!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and thank you Wendy for psoting this on your blog. We will take whatever cards you feel like making - any occasion, any sentiment. If you feel like writing a message inside to a soldier, it will be delivered to someone that doesn't receive mail and/or someone that may be wounded. These cards are very special and sometimes if you include your email/snail mail address the soldier receiving the card with a message will write you back. These emails are very special and you can feel the heartfelt thanks from them. So whatever you ladies can do to help, we really appreciate it. Feel free to email myself (kristie@Lippert.com) or julie (julieberg@integra.net).

Thank you again for supporting our soldiers! Kristie

Pageviews past week